Custom Search

Monday, March 30, 2009

Income tax return filing due April 30

Argh!.....it's that dreaded time of the year again....getting the receipts and income statement ready...trying to figure out how to fill in the income tax return form. Although I have been filling it every year, I still find it confusing and challenging because my Bahasa Malaysia is not my forte.

I have been doing e-filling ever since it was made available and it is the source of my worst fear of filling tax returns is when I have to hit the "Submit" button and getting an error message!! In trying to provide a secure transaction with digital certification, the IRB's e-filing has become user unfriendly

OK.Enough said. I just want to remind Malaysians readers that we have only one month to complete our income tax returns. The Inland Revenue Board (IRB) has sent out all income tax return forms for the assessment year of 2008. However, those who used the e-Filing system to submit their BE forms for the assessment year of 2007 will not be sent any forms.
Taxpayers who do not have a source of income from businesses and whose income was less than RM20,000 for the assessment year of 2007 would also not receive their BE forms.


Source: The Star

No comments: